The AUC Press Faculty Review Board (FRB), composed of ten to fifteen members of the AUC faculty, advises the AUC Press on the merit of scholarly and general book projects brought before it, thereby encouraging scholarly and publishing excellence.
It also serves in an advisory capacity on matters of the overall publishing program, the appropriateness of particular books to the Press’s list, the expected markets for books being proposed, and other conditions relevant to successful publication.
Lastly, the Board serves as an advocate for the Press to the University and throughout the global academic community, with FRB members drawing upon their professional acquaintances and expert knowledge to assist in the list-building efforts of the Press.
The FRB members for the current/upcoming academic year are:
- Alaa-Eldin Adris, Vice-Provost for Research
- Salima Ikram, Chair of Egyptology Department
- James Ketterer (Board Chair), Dean of School of Continuing Education
- Hanan Kholoussy, Associate Professor of History
- Syed Javed Maswood, Professor of Political Science
- John Lash Meloy, Incoming Dean of the School of Humanities and Social Sciences (HUSS)
- Haytham Nawar, Chair of Arts Department
- Daniel Ortiz-Zapata, Dean of Libraries
- Hania Sholkamy, Associate Research Professor, Anthropology
- Iman Soliman, Chair of Department of Arabic Language Instruction